Subject: Empty support page needs a redirect

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:12:50 -0000

The recent MySQL IPO story on slashdot had a comment linking to:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_services

which appears as an empty (but not 404) page. Can we get it to redirect to:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support

- --
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200701310908
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 14:13:57 +0100

> http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support

Do we have any idea where they got this idea from?

BTW, it's not an empty page, it's a page that says "invalid type of
service specified".

I don't agree with the policy that we should add redirects for everybody
who types in a broken URL to our site. But if we're actively promoting
an incorrect URL ourselves, we should certainly do sometihng about *that*.

//Magnus