Subject: Re: Wrong digest instructions

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 14:19:04 +0100

Herouth Maoz wrote:
> In http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/, there is a paragraph
> explaining how to subscribe to pgsql-general in digest mode. The
> paragraph says:
> 
> If you hate getting many mail messages per day then you should consider
> a digest (where you receive multiple messages to the list as one message
> to you). To subscribe or unsubscribe from the digested list, send mail
> to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>. The body
> of the message should contain the single line "subscribe-digest
> pgsql-general" or "unsubscribe-digest pgsql-general"
> 
> These instructions are wrong. I tried that and got an error from
> majordomo. Looking at the majordomo help, the proper subscription
> command is:
> 
> subscribe-set pgsql-general digest
> 
> Unsubscribe shouldn't be different from plain format unsubscribe.
> 
> Please change the page to reflect this.

Thanks for reporting, this information is indeed incorrect.

Looking around, it's equally incorrect for all our lists.

Does anybody know where those pages are generated from? I can see the
page is autogenerated, so just changing the page will go away when it
regens, but where is the source?

Speaking of which, I think it'd be a good idea if someone who knows
which parts of the archives stuff are code and which are generated could
add the usable parts to the pgweb cvs, so we can track changes here.
Dave, I think that means you? ;-)

//Magnus

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:08:00 +0000

> regens, but where is the source?

svr5.postgresql.org:/usr/local/www/archives.postgresql.org/www/<listname>/[top|middle|bottom]

> Dave, I think that means you? ;-)

Not unless you can squeeze another few hours into the day for me!

/D

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:20:25 -0400

Even easier:

<listname>[email-masked]

am working on fixing up the messages on the web page ...

> Dave, I think that means you? ;-)

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664