Subject: Re: pgFoundry tracker spam

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 16:55:53 +0100

> ------- Original Message -------
> From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
> To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[email-masked]>
> Sent: 06/04/07, 08:26:25
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] pgFoundry tracker spam
> > sorry for the late response but there is actually a way to change that
> > setting afterwards though it is not that obvious how ...
> > For your reference - log into pgfoundy and choose your project.
> > Now go to "admin" - and choose "edit observer" from the list of the
> > developers on the right side and on that page you can change edit the
> > permission on your trackers.
> 
> Thanks Stefan. You're right - it's not exactly obvious is it!

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have worked :-(

/D

---

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 19:08:47 +0200

> Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have worked :-(

yeah - it seems there are multiple issues involved with that. The
(modified) version of gforge we are running is simply not checking for
proper login status and anonymous posting rights in a number of code paths.
It seems that upstream fixed a lot of similiar issues already but
upgrading requires quite a lot of work :-(
I have already started a discussion about that on the gforge-admin list
and I hope we have a final solution to that sooner than later ...

Meanwhile I have backported some of the relevant locking upstream
changes to our version though I'm not totally convinced that this will
fix it fully.

regards

Stefan