Subject: Borg

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:48:17 +0100

Now that wwwmaster is running on it's new host, is there anything left 
on borg that we need to keep?

If not, I propose we ask Gavin to upgrade it to FreeBSD 6, and set it up 
as a static web mirror.

Regards, Dave.

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:39:45 +0200

> If not, I propose we ask Gavin to upgrade it to FreeBSD 6, and set it up 

I say go for it. But we probably want it set up for VMs again, right, and
just one VM with a static mirror? Or did you mean we should have just the
static mirror on the root?

//Magnus

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:00:17 +0100

> static mirror on the root?

Yes, the latter.

/D

---

From: "Gavin M. Roy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:18:00 -0400

I'm not going to be at the data center to do a complete
format/reinstall for some time.  Is there a way to upgrade via root
shell, or should I see about having someone doing it for me?

On 4/17/07, Dave Page <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>
>                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
>

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:25:10 +0100

> shell, or should I see about having someone doing it for me?

I'd think we ideally need a clean install given the issues we've had 
recently which I doubt can be done via a root shell. Is there any cost 
implication for you to have someone to do a basic install? If so, I'm 
sure we can wait, but if not, we'd just need a basic install to get in 
remotely from where one of us can take over.

Regards, Dave.

---

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:33:32 +0200

> remotely from where one of us can take over.

yeah while an upgrade from remote should be possible it might be a much 
better idea to get a clean install - I suppose it is not possible to get 
some sort of OOB access to that box (serial console,KVM,Dell DRAC,...) ?

Stefan

---

From: "Gavin M. Roy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:37:46 -0400

I'll see about having someone do a fresh install, will let you know an
eta.  I just moved from the west coast to the east coast so driving to
the data center is no longer an option.  :|

On 4/17/07, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[email-masked]> wrote:
> TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>        subscribe-nomail command to [email-masked] so that your
>        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly
>

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:00:37 +0100

> the data center is no longer an option.  :|

Ah, I guess not :-). Thanks Gavin.

Regards, Dave

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:32:30 -0300 (ADT)

> some sort of OOB access to that box (serial console,KVM,Dell DRAC,...) ?

I'm mostly certain that is not possible to do it remotely, except if you 
have a DRAC or similar ... I had tried this once on my desktop, and the 
results were anything but bootable :)  Thank god I put everything on my 
desktop onto seperate file systems and could still installed easily via CD 
...