Subject: Website's french translation

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:58:39 +0200

Hi all,

I've sent a message with an attachment (97K) yesterday but apparently, 
it didn't go the list. What are the limits on this mailing list ?

Anyways, you'll find the french translation of the website on
   http://www.lelarge.info/~guillaume/frenchwebsite.tar.bz2

It includes the templates and a .po file. It took me more than a month 
to actually do it, so I'm quite happy to release this :)

Some files are missing within the templates. Excerpt from books are not 
translated. I don't think I have the right to do that (do I?). PWNs are 
not translated. Most of them are on postgresqlfr.org, so it can be done 
quickly.

Regards.

-- 
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/
      http://lfs.traduc.org/
      http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:00:26 +0200

> it didn't go the list. What are the limits on this mailing list ?

No idea. But it doesn't surprise me that it's significantly lower than 97K.

> to actually do it, so I'm quite happy to release this :)

I tried loading up this, but it seems there are encoding problems. Look
at for example:
http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/docs

I've imported the whole site there, please point out anything that
breaks :-)

//Magnus

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 00:09:53 +0200

Magnus Hagander a écrit :
>>[...]

Sorry about this. They were all in ISO-8859-1 instead of UTF-8. I 
re-uploaded a new tarball :
   http://www.lelarge.info/~guillaume/frenchwebsite.tar.bz2

(same URL)

> I've imported the whole site there, please point out anything that

I hope it will be better with this one.

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:29:55 +0200

> I hope it will be better with this one.

ok, I've loaded up the new tar file. Please check again :-)

//Magnus

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:15:23 +0200

> ok, I've loaded up the new tar file. Please check again :-)

I'll check it completely but is it normal that the .po file is not used 
? All menus are in english.

Regards.

-- 
Guillaume.

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:57:46 +0200

> ? All menus are in english.

Well, normal is a relative word. Given that nobody has ever tried it
before...

But it's certainly not *supposed* to ignore it :-)

Did you set it up at a test site somewhere and had it working there, or
did you "work in the blind"? If you got it working, we just need to
figure out what the difference is :-)

//Magnus

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 10:54:15 -0400

> ? All menus are in english.

The menu's are kept under portal/template/navigation, and they should all be 
calling func_lang, which *should* be pulling from portal/po/portal.pot 
provided you have them translated in there.... does that sound right? 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter LAMP :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:37:45 +0200

> But it's certainly not *supposed* to ignore it :-)

:)

> did you "work in the blind"?

In the blind.

I tried to make a test site but I could not make it work. It seems to 
need Apache 1.3 (because of the .htaccess file (Apache2 chokes on the 
RewriteEngine line). And it needs PHP5 because of the use of try 
statements. And I don't find any .deb package that gives me PHP5 on 
Apache 1.3.

> If you got it working, we just need to

:)

I'll try to work on the .htaccess file to make it work with Apache2.

Regards.

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:43:28 +0200

> statements. And I don't find any .deb package that gives me PHP5 on

It works fine with Apache2 - in fact, wwwmaster runs apache 2. It does
need mod_rewrite though, so maybe that module just isn't installed/enabled?

And yes, it needs PHP5.

> I'll try to work on the .htaccess file to make it work with Apache2.

.. and I'll see if I can find out why it's not using those :-) Or I'll
wait a while and maybe xzilla will figure it out for us.

//Magnus

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:52:35 +0200

> provided you have them translated in there.... does that sound right? 

I don't know if I understand what you mean.

I did this :
  * cd po
  * msginit -i portal.pot -o fr.po (to initialize the fr .po file).
  * translate this .po file with poedit.

And I send this .po file in the po folder right in the tar.bz2 archive.

Maybe it isn't the right place ?

Regards.

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 18:56:44 +0200

> need mod_rewrite though, so maybe that module just isn't installed/enabled?

OK, you're right. It is now installed and enabled.

It's still not working. I have this error message :
   Call to a member function Show() on a non-object in 
/var/www/www-postgresql-org/system/handler.php on line 56

I think I don't have all the pear package... hmmm.

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:57:46 +0200

> I think I don't have all the pear package... hmmm.

I don't even have a line 56 in my handler.php. Are you working off an old
version? (Or, I have a line 56, it's "?>" and nothing more, which really
shouldn't show that)

Look in your logs if thre is some further information - perhaps it emitted
a warning earlier on that didn't show up.

//Magnus

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:57:40 +0200

> version? (Or, I have a line 56, it's "?>" and nothing more, which really

My mistake. I finally managed to get it working. I have the same issue 
with the .po file. I'll try to find what is going on.

Thanks.

-- 
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org
http://docs.postgresqlfr.org

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:06:44 +0200

> with the .po file. I'll try to find what is going on.

OK, I've found what happens. I'll send you quickly a new patch.

Regards.

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:08:59 +0200

> OK, I've found what happens. I'll send you quickly a new patch.

I still need to work on my new patch but I found some issues that we 
probably need to get fixed before.

* Some graphics contain text that can't be translated as is.
* There are some texts that are not enclosed in the func_lang function.
   I can send you a patch for this.
* I don't think the portal.pot is up to date.
   Are strings extract each time a change is done ?

Regards.