Subject: on moderation

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:04:11 -0400

Hi,

I'm back from IETF-69, and have caught up on all post requests for
any list I moderate, AFAIK.  

I'm a little dismayed that some things were sitting in the queue for
as long as they were.  Is anyone else doing this stuff regularly? 
-admin seemed to be especially bad.

A
-- 
Andrew Sullivan  | [email-masked]
Everything that happens in the world happens at some place.
		--Jane Jacobs

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:11:56 +0100

> -admin seemed to be especially bad.

I'm doing -hackers, -bugs, -committers, -www, -slavestothewww, -core,
webmaster and pgadmin-* on a very regular basis when I'm online. I have
to admit though, I don't always explicitly reject junk when I'm on my pda.

/D

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:16:24 +0200

> -admin seemed to be especially bad.

I haven't voluntered earlier because many others did and I thought there
was enough people. So, I can help you on this one if you want.

Regards.

-- 
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/
     http://lfs.traduc.org/
     http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:20:55 -0400

Marc?

A

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 10:16:24PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>        subscribe-nomail command to [email-masked] so that your
>        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

-- 
Andrew Sullivan  | [email-masked]
However important originality may be in some fields, restraint and 
adherence to procedure emerge as the more significant virtues in a 
great many others.   --Alain de Botton

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:39:49 -0400

> to admit though, I don't always explicitly reject junk when I'm on my pda.

I'm also doing (AFAIR) -hackers, -patches and -committers, and had
somewhat irregular visits to the moderation queue due to being away for
OSCON.  As you noted, I don't do -admin.

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:55:17 -0300

Please let me know email address to use for moderator, and which lists (just 
admin?) you would like to monitor, I can quickly add you in ...

> was enough people. So, I can help you on this one if you want.

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:56:37 -0700

All,

> > webmaster and pgadmin-* on a very regular basis when I'm online. I
> > have to admit though, I don't always explicitly reject junk when I'm
> > on my pda.

I do sfpug@, -performance, -advocacy and press@.  I don't bother deleting 
the spam, but just let the 7-day rotation catch it.  Nor to I really 
intend to change that, since I don't see any real benefit in doing so.
  
-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:03:05 +0200

Hi Marc,

> admin?) you would like to monitor, I can quickly add you in ...

Email address : guillaume at lelarge.info
Lists : admin and pgsql-fr-generale
  (on this last one, I'm not sure there is any moderators at all)

Oh and pgsql-eu-general.

If you know other lists which don't have many administrators, just add
me (but don't add me to more than 5 lists).

Thanks Marc.

Regards.

---

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:15:35 -0000

> -admin seemed to be especially bad.

I don't do admin, but if you see old stuff in bugs, hackers, general, 
interfaces, or advocacy, you can blame those on me. :) I usually clear 
them out every day, except when things get particularly busy.

- --
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200707301714
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:23:03 -0300

Just means when someone goes in through the web interface, they have to 
're-review' all those messages that you didn't bother rejecting, making the 
whole process take longer ...

- ----

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:30:35 -0700

Marc,

> 're-review' all those messages that you didn't bother rejecting, making
> the whole process take longer ...

Then fix Majordomo so that it displays a subject line with each moderated 
entry in the web interface.  That would save me 60% of my review time, and 
make it easier for me to delete spam.

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: Decibel! <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:07:24 -0700

> -admin seemed to be especially bad.

I've volunteered, and theoretically I'm a moderator for -general, but  
I've never gotten any emails from it (unless *all* of them have been  
flagged as spam, which I find hard to believe).

Marc, can you take a look?
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        [email-masked]
EnterpriseDB      http://enterprisedb.com      512.569.9461 (cell)

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 01:14:16 +0200

> me (but don't add me to more than 5 lists).

I wondered if you had the time to do it ? Or do you need more informations ?

Thanks

Regards.