Subject: Event coverage on website

From: Jim Nasby <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:13:48 -0700

Is there anywhere on the site that has coverage of past events? ISTM  
there should be...
--
Jim Nasby                                            [email-masked]
EnterpriseDB      http://enterprisedb.com      512.569.9461 (cell)

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:08:32 +0200

> Is there anywhere on the site that has coverage of past events? ISTM  

We don't.

What are you referring to? An archive of what's listed under events, or you
mean actual texts about the events?

As for archive of listed events, I'm not really sure how it helps. But
since you're Nasby, you probably have a use-case for it?

If you mean texts about them, we generally have archives at the event sites
and planetpostgresql.org - not sure what we'd migrate. Though I notice
conference.postgresql.org is still down and has been for a long time -
perhaps we should just remove the DNS record for it if it's not going to be
used?

//Magnus

---

From: "Gavin M. Roy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 05:28:24 -0400

Didnt realize my php upgrade broke that too, should be fixed now.

On 7/25/07, Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 4: Have you searched our list archives?
>
>                http://archives.postgresql.org
>

---

From: Jim Nasby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:13:24 -0700

> perhaps we should just remove the DNS record for it if it's not  

In this case, I wanted photos from the conferences; particularly the  
group photos. Luckily, Flicr and Berkus came to the rescue there.

But we should also keep things like presentations and what-not  
available. I know conferences have their own websites, but ISTM we  
should at least link to them from somewhere on PostgreSQL.org.

The other thing I wanted was general advocacy items, such as graphics  
I could use. Likewise, it would be good to have a single collection  
of advocacy presentations that are available for use.
--
Jim Nasby                                            [email-masked]
EnterpriseDB      http://enterprisedb.com      512.569.9461 (cell)

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:10:20 +0200

> group photos. Luckily, Flicr and Berkus came to the rescue there.

Group photos we have, but just no page bringing them together. Hey, why
don't you make up a page or set of pages to stick under /community and
we'll commit them for you? ;-)

> should at least link to them from somewhere on PostgreSQL.org.

We have a lot of presentations on techdocs -
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.37.

> of advocacy presentations that are available for use.

Graphics has it's own project on pgfoundry, IIRC. 

//Magnus

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 05:13:11 -0400

> Group photos we have, but just no page bringing them together.

Yeah, it would be great to be able to go somewhere and easily get the
summit picture with the names tooltips, and the PGCon photo, etc.  Did
the PGDay photo ever get labelled that way?

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc.

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:18:54 +0200

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 05:13:11AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> summit picture with the names tooltips, and the PGCon photo, etc. 

Agreed. If someone comes up with a suggestion.. ;-)

> Did

No. I got sidetracked :-( I should get back to it and fix that.

//Magnus

---

From: Decibel! <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:03:52 -0700

> we'll commit them for you? ;-)

And who's going to continue to maintain them? You?
-- 
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        [email-masked]
EnterpriseDB      http://enterprisedb.com      512.569.9461 (cell)

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:47:01 +0200

> And who's going to continue to maintain them? You?

Why, you, of course ;-)

Anyway. If the content is in a way that's maintainable, it should be
possible to maintain it the same way as the rest of the web - people
providing patches (hopefully - or just describing content-changing that
one of us webmonkeys can turn into a patch) as they see need.

//Magnus