Subject: Hey! We're doing a beta *today*

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 08:16:20 -0700

WWW team,

There is nothing on the web site for the beta.  This stuff needs to go 
up ASAP:

-- The beta version of the docs needs to go up at /docs/8.3/static or 
interactive (I don't care, just get it up)

-- We need a blurb in the balloon on the home page

-- /developer/beta needs to be populated.  See previously supplied 
suggested content.

Please let me know when this is all up, so that I can send out the 
announcement.

--Josh

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 17:23:25 +0200

> There is nothing on the web site for the beta.  This stuff needs to go 

Speaking of this - could you please comment on my idea about the release
process for next time? It's not as important for beta, but it still is...

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2007-09/msg00086.php

> interactive (I don't care, just get it up)

It's there on both, site is rebuilding right now. Expect it to be on the
mirrors within 1-2 hours.

//Magnus

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 09:14:58 -0700

Magnus,

> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2007-09/msg00086.php

Well, I think we need a fully written-out timeline.  I did this for 8.0; 
I'll put one up on the wiki for this release.

> mirrors within 1-2 hours.

OK, I'll do the pgsql-announce in 2 hours.

--Josh

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 19:09:48 +0200

> I'll put one up on the wiki for this release.

Sure, that's a good thing (even though we all know what happens to
timelines when reality hits them, but it's a good thing to work from).
But that doesn't in itself deal with the main issue, which is the order
in which things are posted.

> OK, I'll do the pgsql-announce in 2 hours.

Sounds good. I've just verified, and I can pull /docs/8.3/static now
from static mirrors.

//Magnus

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 10:21:27 -0700

Magnus,

> in which things are posted.

Well, I agree with your order ... which is why I'm getting on your case 
now about getting the stuff up on the web.

Robert has done most of it, already.

--Josh

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 19:24:28 +0200

> now about getting the stuff up on the web.

Ok. Good. Just that you never told me ;-)

> Robert has done most of it, already.

Yeah, I noticed.

//Magnus