Subject: Surveys

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:55:59 -0700

All,

Since nobody else seems to care about the surveys, I'm going to take it on 
myself to manage them.  I've just added a new one.  If anyone is concerned 
about what I might be surveying, the next 6-7 surveys I want to do are all in 
the admin system already.

-- 
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:32:53 -0700

> the admin system already.

Perhaps no one cares, because no one realized we had them :).

I just went digging through the website and found them under /community. 
How often are these actually used? It almost seems like wasted www real 
estate.

Joshua D. Drake

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:53:47 +0100

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Since nobody else seems to care about the surveys, I'm going to take
>> it on myself to manage them.  I've just added a new one.  If anyone is
>> concerned about what I might be surveying, the next 6-7 surveys I want
>> to do are all in the admin system already.
>>
> 

Yeah, I used to maintain them but stopped caring when they got moved
there and stopped getting any real exposure. At the time I wanted to
keep them on the home page - I still do, though I'm not sure we have
spare real estate now.

/D

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:36:15 -0700

Dave,

> keep them on the home page - I still do, though I'm not sure we have

Don't worry about it.  We're going to try promoting the survey through 
PWN.  We'll see how that works.

--Josh

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:27:46 -0400

On Sunday 14 October 2007 17:55, Josh Berkus wrote:
> about what I might be surveying, the next 6-7 surveys I want to do are all
> in the admin system already.

I recommend pinging David when you do to get a note put in the weekly news 
that a new survey is available. 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter LAMP :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:02:00 -0700

> that a new survey is available. 

Already done.

--Josh