Subject: Problem with survey code

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:21:08 -0700

Team,

Low priority issue:

When one adds a new survey to wwwmaster, it gets added to the Survey History 
whether it is activated or not.  As a result, we now have a bunch of 0 
results surveys already in the history:

http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.49
http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.52

These will get results once we rotate them into the limelight, but it's a 
little disconcerting right now.

-- 
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:09:38 +0200

> little disconcerting right now.

hmm - just commited a small change to exclude all the ones that have
zero results  in them - should go live on the next sidebuild.

Stefan

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:02:42 -0400

On Tuesday 23 October 2007 16:09, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Team,
> >
> > Low priority issue:
> >
> > When one adds a new survey to wwwmaster, it gets added to the Survey
> > History whether it is activated or not.  As a result, we now have a bunch
> > of 0 results surveys already in the history:
> >

This means to activate a survey you have to vote in it, right? 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter LAMP :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:52:04 +0200

> This means to activate a survey you have to vote in it, right? 

this means that a survey needs to have at least one vote to show up in
the "Other surveys" listing.
Afaiks there is no real "this survey is actived" flag/indication in the
code - only "this is the survey that is running now" so looking at the
number of votes is the only hint we can use for generating a list of
"surveys that ran in the past".

Stefan