Subject: Release timeline for 8.3

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:00:42 -0700

All,

Per request, I've drafted a "release timeline" which shows the timings and 
order in which everything needs to be done.  It obviously doesn't have quite 
enough detail on the stuff which needs to be done over the last 4 days before 
the release.  Help me fill it in?

http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/MajorReleaseTimeline

-- 
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:50:08 +0200

> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/MajorReleaseTimeline

I changed the -1 to -2 hours, due to website lag update. But I'm unsure
what you mean with "news page" vs "rest of website update". Are you talking
about just the news item? Because we'll have to update the actual frontpage
and the listing that shows latest versions and such at -2, so we might as
well post the news at that time no? And just hold back on the email ones?

//Magnus

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:24:54 -0400

> well post the news at that time no? And just hold back on the email ones?

The front end of the list seems a bit bizarre too.  You won't know nine
weeks out just when the release is going to happen.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:24:38 -0700

Tom,

> weeks out just when the release is going to happen.

Nope.  You have to start that far out from the earliest release date, 
and be ready ahead of time.  For 8.2 that meant that the press release 
was ready a month before PostgreSQL was, but for 8.1 we were barely in 
time because of the short beta.

--Josh