Subject: Keeping things easy to find

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:17:59 -0000

This page comes up at the top of some Google searches, including 
"Postgresql CVS" and "Postgresql source":

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/sourcecode/

However, it's 404. Can we get it redirected to the new page?

A couple more suggestions:

* Can we make such redirects a standard practice when we 
decide to rearrange our directories or rename files?

* Can we parse the web server error logs to proactively find 
problems like this and get them fixed quickly?

- --
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200711021215
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 22:47:23 +0100

> However, it's 404. Can we get it redirected to the new page?

Done. Will be up on next sync as usual.

> decide to rearrange our directories or rename files?

Makes sense.

> problems like this and get them fixed quickly?

That's probably a good idea as well, though I haven't done it yet :)

Know any ready-made tools that does that, or do we break out the good
ole perl interpreter?

//Magnus

---

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 18:26:30 -0000

> Done. Will be up on next sync as usual.

Thank you.

> Know any ready-made tools that does that, or do we break out the good

Both? :) I've got some scripts I've written that should do the job with 
minimal modification. Point me at the logs, and I'll whip something up 
to email you, me, and anyone else who wants in (worthy of a mailing list?)

- --
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200711031424
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8