Subject: Technical Mailing list creation policy

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:15:01 -0800

Hello,

I think we need to put in place a technical policy that says that the
mailing list creation is the last step of the process. E.g;

1. Patch archives
2. Patch community/lists
3. create mailing list

If any one of those is missing, none get done.

Joshua D. Drake

- -- 
The PostgreSQL Company since 1997: http://www.commandprompt.com/ 
PostgreSQL Community Conference: http://www.postgresqlconference.org/
Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

---

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 12:00:03 -0800

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Joshua D. Drake <[email-masked]> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>  Hash: SHA1
>
>  Hello,
>

Also patch:

4. http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe

-selena

-- 
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group
http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx
http://www.chesnok.com/daily

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 12:02:28 -0800

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 12:00:03 -0800
"Selena Deckelmann" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >  I think we need to put in place a technical policy that says that
> > the mailing list creation is the last step of the process. E.g;
> >
> >  1. Patch archives
> >  2. Patch community/lists
> >  3. create mailing list
> 
> Also patch:
> 

+1

I would note that yes this should all be databased and I can look at it
(as yet another item on the list) but until that time, we need to
enforce something.

Joshua D. Drake

- --

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 21:33:51 +0100

> (as yet another item on the list) but until that time, we need to

I'm working on code for this and has most of it done :-) Now to find 
that time to test it so it doesn't kill everything :-)

That will take care of all the stuff that's on www.postgresql.org and 
also search.postgresql.org (which is missing from the bullet list 
above). Eventually, it will also take care of archives (in step 2, but I 
haven't looked at code for that yet)

//Magnus