Subject: pgfoundry down again

From: "Kevin Grittner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 08:33:38 -0500

"The connection was reset"

-- 
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

---

From: Peter Geoghegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:43:21 +0000

> "The connection was reset"

Do you suppose it would be possible, with the consent of the various
authors of projects hosted on pgFoundry that are deemed still relevant
(not all are relevant in my opinion), to migrate to alternative
hosting? These outages are frequent enough that I think that such an
organised effort would be worthwhile.

-- 
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:49:33 +0100

> organised effort would be worthwhile.

The effort was started. In fairness, not to move to another specific
hosting, but to help people migrate to other options that exist, and
to deprecate and eventually shut down pgfoundry. AFAIK this was put on
hold when Marc decided to revive pgfoundry.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

---

From: Peter Geoghegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:56:12 +0000

On 17 December 2012 15:49, Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]> wrote:
> AFAIK this was put on

Perhaps it's time to take another look at it, then?

---

From: "Jonathan S. Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:01:03 -0500

> Perhaps it's time to take another look at it, then?

The migration effort?  In that case I would say yes, particularly because no one on -www has an administration oversight on pgFoundry.  A good starting point would be to get a list of the currently active projects on pgFoundry and reach out to the authors.

Jonathan