Subject: archives.postgresql.org cleaned up ... and rebuilding ...

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:02:00 -0300 (ADT)

On a temporary URL of svr5.postgresql.org right now, until its done, but 
...

 	- fixed last-modified date
 	- moved google adsense banner to the right side
 	- removed top/right banner
 	- fixed up the fonts being used

Also, found a 'bug' with my SQL query used for the top left banner, which 
was affecting its performance, so that should be more responsive now as 
well (drop'd query time from 190ms to 3ms) ...

If ppl can go to http://svr5.postgresql.org and browser around, see if 
there are any obvious errors before I put it live ...

Also, if someone wants to submit better 'per list' write ups, or 
appropriate ones for lists they are maintaining (ie. the Spanish list has 
a Spanish write up, maybe the German/French and Turkish ones could too?), 
please send me over text to put in place ... some of them are *very* 
sparse, to nil ...

I'm going to put it live in a few hours ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:56:50 +0400 (MSD)

>  	- fixed last-modified date

looks good. I don't know what is (envelope-from bla-bla...)  means, but
jopefully our parser just ignores it.

zen:~$>curl -I http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2001-12/msg00879.php
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:53:20 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_perl/1.29 PHP/4.3.3RC1
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.3RC1
Last-Modified: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:21:21 -0500 (EST)	(envelope-from [email-masked])
Content-Type: text/html

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend
>

	Regards,
		Oleg
_____________________________________________________________
Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
Internet: [email-masked], http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 10:17:36 -0300 (ADT)

> Last-Modified: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:21:21 -0500 (EST)	(envelope-from [email-masked])

Ack ... none of the messages that I'd checked had that ... can you confirm 
whether or not your parser does ignore it??  If it does cause a problem, 
I'll try and figure out a way to get rid of it :( If it is benign, all the 
better though ...

I have the archves updated hourly now as well ...

----

---

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:39:17 +0400 (MSD)

> I'll try and figure out a way to get rid of it :( If it is benign, all the

no problem, junk is ignored.

	Regards,
		Oleg

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 10:59:40 -0300 (ADT)

> no problem, junk is ignored.

Good, cause I hadn't figured out a clean way yet of removing the extra :)

Thanks for confirming ...

----