Subject: Submitted Organization, follow up for Press release

From: info Spinbackup <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 09:01:06 -0500

Hi there,

I submitted an Organization on Saturday, in order to submit a Press
release, today.

Tried to post the release via the Markdown, text field and received an
alert that Organization is a required item.

Yes, I have a Community account and have had one for 10 years. (+ -).

Is there someone I should contact or call to get a kickstart?

{there may be a duplicate mail of the above, awaiting mod.  Bad me.}

Thanks,
Mike Ellsworth

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 19:46:06 +0100

Hi!

It appears our moderators have been a bit too busy with other things,
and thus causing a delay. I've approved the organization now, so you
should be bale to submit things under it.

//Magnus

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM, info Spinbackup <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I submitted an Organization on Saturday, in order to submit a Press release,
> today.
>
> Tried to post the release via the Markdown, text field and received an alert
> that Organization is a required item.
>

-- 
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

-- 
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

---

From: info Spinbackup <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 14:14:54 -0500

> should be bale to submit things under it.

Thanks so much Magnus.  I just submitted the release.  Really appreciate
the quick attention.

Mike E.

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 13:53:09 -0800

WWW:

We need some policies for approving organizations.  I stay away from
moderating them most of the time because I'm not sure how I'm supposed
to decide whom to approve.

-- 
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 08:20:12 +0100

Organizations ate really the easiest ones. Just look for completely obvious
spam or incomplete submission. Approving an organization doesn't actually
add anything to the site - it just makes it possible to add other thinks
like news and events, which will then go through a second round of
moderation.

/Magnus

---

From: info Spinbackup <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 07:57:23 -0500

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Organizations ate really the easiest ones. Just look for completely
> obvious spam or incomplete submission. Approving an organization doesn't
> actually add anything to the site - it just makes it possible to add other
> thinks like news and events, which will then go through a second round of
> moderation.
>
> /Magnus

I submitted the release 6 days ago.  Is there a point at which I should
expect some type of feedback from a Moderator?

It's somewhat tied in with an article in progress at Yahoo + other.

Thanks,
Mike Ellsworth