Subject: Case study: Proximity

From: Gavin Sherry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:18:21 +1100 (EST)

I tried sending this in earlier -- but it doesn't seem to have gotten
through.

Following is a case study written by myself and laid out by Omar and
Emily.

http://www.alcove.com.au/~swm/Proximity10.pdf

There are some great quotes for the site in this.

Thanks,

Gavin

---

From: Tom Copeland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:40:01 -0500

> There are some great quotes for the site in this.

Very interesting reading, thanks!  

Tom

---

From: Gavin Sherry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:49:33 +1100 (EST)

> Very interesting reading, thanks!

Yep. I think it's a good case study. It's for the postgresql.org Web site
by the way -- can someone put it up?

Gavin

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:47:16 -0500

> There are some great quotes for the site in this.

Do we have permission to add quotes to the front page? I'd like to add 

"We consider the availability of source code a major advantage of using an 
open source database. We haven't had to go a fix any bugs ourselves, but we 
have peered at  the source to satisfy ourselves as to how things work"  -- 
Tim Allen, Senior Software Developer, Proximity Group.

Also I would like to add dates to the case studies descriptions on the site 
unless there are any objections. 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Gavin Sherry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:09:59 +1100 (EST)

> Do we have permission to add quotes to the front page? I'd like to add

Yes.

> Tim Allen, Senior Software Developer, Proximity Group.

There are other good quotes:

"Our systems are deployed in high-availability environments and the
combination of PostgreSQL on Linux has enabled us to deploy and support
systems without any need for a large support team."

> unless there are any objections.

I think the PDF itself should be dated too. I'll talk to Omar.

Thanks,

Gavin

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Nov 2005 16:27:03 -0500

> systems without any need for a large support team."

Yeah, how do we feel about multiple quotes from the same person?