Subject: Presskits for 8.1 Release

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 17:01:44 -0800

Web gurus:

OK, the following presskits need to go up at www.postgresql.org/about to be 
ready for the release.   All press kits are in CVS for the Press project, 
with the directory structure pr/releases/8.1/XX/presskit81.html.XX
... where XX is the language code.  They all need to end up at 
about/press/presskit81.html.XX

AR: Arabic
BR: Brazilian
DE: German
EL: Hebrew
EN: English 
FR: French
JA: Japanese
RO: Romanian
RU: Russian

Additional, the following two are done but the version in CVS are broken.   
They should be getting corrected in the next couple of days:

ES: Spanish
FI: Finnish

Please let me know if any of the encodings are messed up so that I can bug 
the translators.  It seems like some are UTF-8 and some are ASCII but I 
can't tell for sure, encodings baffle me.

You'll notice that this is less languages than last year.  This is because 
the release is actually going out on time, and the translators aren't used 
to meeting deadlines with no slippage.  ;-/

Additionally, the new Regional Contacts page is available here:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/13/contact.html
... and can go up any time.   

Finally, the new version of the Press FAQ is also under CVS and at 
pgFoundry and needs to go up at the same time the PressKits do:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/26/press_faq.html
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/press/pr/faq/

Please let me know ASAP if there's going to be an issue with any of this; 
on Friday I leave for Germany and will have a lot harder time fixing 
things.

--Josh

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 00:28:05 +0100

> BR: Brazilian

Brazilian is not a language, and "BR" is Breton.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:35:05 -0800

Peter,

> Brazilian is not a language, and "BR" is Breton.

Well, darn, we've been using it for a couple of years now.  We'll need to 
keep it on this release, fix it next time.

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco