Subject: Web code license

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:57:47 +0100

So...

I'm looking at putting in the code for the "new techdocs" in cvs
sometime soon, and realised I forgot this question :)

The code uses tinymce (http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/) for visual
editing. This is LGPL code. My question is, should this be added to cvs
(with appropriate license files etc, of course), or should it be kept
outside (like the PEAR components we rely on for example). 

I personally think it should be added to cvs, because that makes life a
lot easier. But given the discussions lately about the license for the
graphics, I figured it's much better to bring it up here before
actualyil doing anything :)

Unlike the license on the graphics, LGPL should be "enough compatible"
with BSD for our use, I beleive. And the site will still work without
it, you just don't get visual editing.

Thoughts?

//Magnus

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:02:17 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Magnus Hagander
> Sent: 17 March 2006 09:58
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [pgsql-www] Web code license
> 
> So...
> 
> editing.

There's a coincidence - guess what I've been hacking about all morning!

> This is LGPL code. My question is, should this be 
> added to cvs

It should be kept outside I think - perhaps under /files so it's nicely
seperated.

Regards, Dave.

---

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:03:16 +0100

> There's a coincidence - guess what I've been hacking about 

:-)

> > This is LGPL code. My question is, should this be added to 
> cvs (with 
> > appropriate license files etc, of course), or should it be kept 
> It should be kept outside I think - perhaps under /files so 
> it's nicely seperated.

/files/ is in cvs. 
/files/ is what I had in mind when I said "in cvs". :-) Certainly not
sticking it inside the framework code.

//Magnus

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:13:10 -0000

> From: Magnus Hagander [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 17 March 2006 10:03
> To: Dave Page; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [pgsql-www] Web code license
> 
> > > So...
> > > 

Alright, the bit where we stick the stuff that comes from different
CVS's like the raw FAQs.

/D