Subject: New News Entry

From: [email-masked] (World Wide Web Owner)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 04:24:14 +0100 (BST)

A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?229

Submitted by: [email-masked]
Headline: PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 3 Released
Summary:

Its been almost 4 weeks since we\'ve released Beta2, and there have been 
enough improvements to the code to warrant a new Beta, to reduce the 
number of \"already fixed\" bug reports.
That said, Beta 3 is currently available for download on all mirrors.

Story:

Its been almost 4 weeks since we\'ve released Beta2, and there have been 
enough improvements to the code to warrant a new Beta, to reduce the 
number of \"already fixed\" bug reports.

For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 1 was released, please 
see:

    ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta2-to-Beta3

That said, Beta 3 is currently available for download on all mirrors:

        http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

As with all releases, the success of this release falls in the your hands ... 
to go from Beta -> Release, we need as many people out there to put it through 
her paces as possible, on as many platforms as possible.  We urge anyone, and 
everyone, to download a copy and run her through her regression tests, and 
report any/all problems, and bugs, to

        [email-masked]

The more bugs we can find, and eliminate, during Beta, the more successful the 
Release will be ...

Once more, on behalf of all of the developers, Happy Bug Hunting ...