Subject: New News Entry

From: [email-masked] (World Wide Web Owner)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:11:10 -0400 (AST)

A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?172

Submitted by: [email-masked]
Headline: PostgreSQL 7.3.6 Update Released
Summary:

After several fixes were backpatches to the 7_3_STABLE branch, we have now
released a 7.3.6.

Story:

After several fixes were backpatches to the 7_3_STABLE branch, we have now
released a 7.3.6.  As the list of Changes since 7.3.5 is quite small, they
are included in this email:

     * Revert erroneous changes in rule permissions checking
     * Repair incorrect order of operations in GetNewTransactionId()
     * Ensure configure selects -fno-strict-aliasing even when an
       external value for CFLAGS is supplied
     * Make pg_restore handle 64-bit off_t correctly
     * Make contrib/dblink not assume that local and remote type OIDs
       match (Joe)
     * Quote connectby()\'s start_with argument properly (Joe)
     * Don\'t crash when a rowtype argument to a plpgsql function is NULL
     * Avoid generating invalid character encoding sequences in corner
       cases when planning LIKE operations
     * Ensure text_position() cannot scan past end of source string in
       multibyte cases (Korea PostgreSQL Users\' Group)
     * Fix index optimization and selectivity estimates for LIKE
       operations on bytea columns (Joe)

This version, as with most minor versions, does not require a dump/reload
to put into place.

As always, this release is available on all our mirrors, viable at:

        http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-www.html

And, thanks to David Fetter, is also available via BitTorrent at:

        http://bt.postgresql.org

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Mar 2004 10:20:58 -0500

Activated with minor copy-editing.  Also deactivated 7.3.5 news item.

Robert Treat

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 10:11, World Wide Web Owner wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?
> 
>                http://archives.postgresql.org

-- 
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL