Subject: Miscategorized event?

From: Chander Ganesan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 22:22:23 -0400

Just looking at upcoming events and I notice that this event:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.699

Seems to be a conference, not a training event.  Might it get more 
visibility if its listed in events - which gets front page visibility, 
as opposed to training?  Or perhaps cross listing it in both places...

-- 
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
919-463-0999/877-258-8987
http://www.otg-nc.com

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:50:54 +0100

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Chander Ganesan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> visibility if its listed in events - which gets front page visibility, as
> opposed to training?  Or perhaps cross listing it in both places...

Agreed. I've flipped the training flag off.

-- 
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com

---

From: "Guido Barosio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:21:07 -0300

Dave, Chander, all,

   It is actually a small workshop guys, taking place in the hugest Open
Source event @ Argentina, which is not a training course but indeed a
conference that promotes training events in the same place in order to help
starters. So this one is a training event, kinda install fest for postgreqsl
newbies, as far as I know, and that  is why I approved the post.

I've been in contact with the author of the post, I don't know him, but
we've already started thinking about advocacy tasks, prolly with a booth.

I suggest to rollback the flip-off ;-)

Best wishes,
gb.-

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 4:50 AM, Dave Page <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
> To make changes to your subscription:
> http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www
>

-- 
Guido Barosio
-----------------------
http://www.globant.com
[email-masked]

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:38:44 +0100

> I suggest to rollback the flip-off ;-)

<Grumble>

Fixed :-)

---

From: Chander Ganesan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:12:25 -0400

Guido Barosio wrote:
> Dave, Chander, all,
>
>    It is actually a small workshop guys, taking place in the hugest 
> Open Source event @ Argentina, which is not a training course but 
> indeed a conference that promotes training events in the same place in 
> order to help starters. So this one is a training event, kinda install 
> fest for postgreqsl newbies, as far as I know, and that  is why I 
> approved the post.
Seems like, since its free, and its at a conference, it might be better 
served as an event though.  It will get more visibility that way....  A 
great example along the same lines are free Webinars that many vendors 
offer...I've seen those categorized as events as well...

chander
>
> I've been in contact with the author of the post, I don't know him, 
> but we've already started thinking about advocacy tasks, prolly with a 
> booth.
>
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 4:50 AM, Dave Page <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Chander Ganesan
>     <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>     Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked]
>     <mailto:[email-masked]>)
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: "Guido Barosio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:25:18 -0300

Chander, thanks for your input!

    Indeed, it's free (yay!), and it takes place at an event of a few days.
But again, IMHO this is not an event but a training course, the format, the
contents and the intentions drive the qualification of the event as a
training event.

    These are my thoughts on this matter and I may be wrong, feel free to
(irc) slap me with a smelly trout :)

gb.-

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Chander Ganesan <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 4:50 AM, Dave Page <[email-masked] <mailto:
>> [email-masked]>> wrote:
>>

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:52:21 -0700

> Agreed. I've flipped the training flag off.

When I logged in this morning (before I saw your post) it will still set
to training, I flipped it again and it stuck. Might be something to
watch for potential bug.

Joshua D. Drake

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:20:30 +0100

> to training, I flipped it again and it stuck. Might be something to

After further discussion, we flipped it back again. there's no bug.

---

From: Raymond O'Donnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:16:02 +0100

> After further discussion, we flipped it back again. there's no bug.

Training flag tennis!! You must have Wimbledon withdrawal symptoms... :-P

Ray.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Raymond O'Donnell, Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Ireland
[email-masked]
Galway Cathedral Recitals: http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:53:29 +0100

> Training flag tennis!! You must have Wimbledon withdrawal symptoms... :-P

*extremely* unlikely :-p