Subject: Copy/paste error in website overhaul requirements

From: Guillaume Smet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 08:30:18 +0200

Hi,

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Website_Overhaul_Requirements

"Use of the official *Slonik* logo, adhering to its color scheme as
closely as possible"
I'm pretty sure that's not what we want :).

Regards,

-- 
Guillaume

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 11:14:34 +0100

> I'm pretty sure that's not what we want :).

Err, yes it is. We don't want to change the logo or use of blue,
except for minimal artistic tweaks as require to fit with the design.

-- 
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

---

From: Guillaume Smet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 12:30:42 +0200

>> "Use of the official *Slonik* logo, adhering to its color scheme as
                        ^^^^^^^^

s/Slonik/PostgreSQL/ ?

That's the problem I reported. The general idea is OK.

-- 
Guillaume

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 11:48:45 +0100

> That's the problem I reported. The general idea is OK.

Slonik is the name of the elephant.

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 14:06:55 +0300

> Slonik is the name of the elephant.

For outsiders (which you are trying to recruit here, after all), you may want 
to clarify that on the wiki page.

---

From: Guillaume Smet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 13:17:20 +0200

> Slonik is the name of the elephant.

Mmmmmh. If it's not clear for me, I'm pretty sure it won't be clear for
most non-PostgreSQL people interested in this contest which are not
aware of the little name of the elephant.

Note that if people google for Slonik, they will find the Slony-I
website and other non related pages.

I still think we should make it clearer. I don't see the point of giving
the elephant name while it's not referenced anywhere else (even on the
logo page http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Logo ): it only adds confusion
IMHO.

I suggest to simply remove it or change it to "official PostgreSQL logo".
If you really want to use "Slonik logo", we should be consistent and
have the link at the bottom of the page mention "Official Slonik logo".

IMHO, for a public contest, we should really avoid usage of internal
references.

-- 
Guillaume

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 12:32:08 +0100

> to clarify that on the wiki page.

Done.

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 12:33:50 +0100

> logo page http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Logo ): it only adds confusion

It does now - and http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Identity_Guidelines
always did.

I've clarified the requirements page.

Thanks.

---

From: Guillaume Smet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 13:36:58 +0200

>> to clarify that on the wiki page.

Thanks Dave.