Subject: Error Building rpm

From: Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:53:49 +0530

Hi All,

I am trying to build rpm of PostgreSQL, and the approach is building rpm for
1. CentOS 6+
2. Fedora 15+
3. RedHat 6+
4. OpenSUSE
5. SuSE

via single spec file and not using any external rpm or repo while building

the problem i am facing right now is there is some dependencies which is
now not provided by RedHat and SUSE

1. SLE_11_SP2
perl-ExtUtils-Embed,
uuid-devel,
openldap-devel  (For this i am using openldap2-devel its working fine so no
problem)

2.openSUSE_12.2
 perl-ExtUtils-Embed,
 openldap-devel  (For this i am using openldap2-devel its working fine so
no problem)

3.RedHat_RHEL-6
 uuid-devel  (Now RedHat is not providing this rpm)

If i am installing uuid-devel from external source i am able to build rpm
but how to build without installing it from external repo.
now redhat is giving libuuid.

and Suse is not having perl-ExtUtils-Embed rpm.

Please advised.

-- 
ViVek Raghuwanshi
Mobile -+91-09595950504
Skype - vivek_raghuwanshi
IRC vivekraghuwanshi
http://vivekraghuwanshi.wordpress.com/
http://in.linkedin.com/in/vivekraghuwanshi

---

From: John R Pierce <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 21:29:26 -0800

>  uuid-devel  (Now RedHat is not providing this rpm)

you sure about that?  now, I'm running CentOS 6 not RHEL6, but the 
packages are 1:1 and built from the same SRPMs.

uuid-devel.i686 
1.6.1-10.el6                                              base
uuid-devel.x86_64 
1.6.1-10.el6                                              base

-- 
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 00:32:32 -0500

>  uuid-devel  (Now RedHat is not providing this rpm)

works for me in RHEL-6 ...

			regards, tom lane

-- 
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

---

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 07:39:39 +0200

Hi,

> via single spec file and not using any external rpm or repo while

Building RPMs using a single spec file is almost impossible, as I wrote
you in my previous emails. SuSE has different package names, Fedora 15+
has separate init system (systemd), etc. That's why I am keeping
separate copies of each spec file for Fedora and its derivatives (RHEL,
SL, CentOS) separately.
-- 
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Community: devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
http://www.gunduz.org  Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz

---

From: Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:33:54 +0530

Thanks Devrim,

But i am trying to achieve this via multiple if conditions , can you send
me your redhat and suse spec files.

---

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 08:41:15 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 11:33 +0530, Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi wrote:

> But i am trying to achieve this via multiple if conditions , can you
> send me your redhat and suse spec files. 

As I have emailed you before, spec files,etc. are at
http://svn.pgrpms.org/repo

Regards,

---

From: Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 12:15:55 +0530

> http://svn.pgrpms.org/repo

Spec file for SuSE is only for 8.4 not for 9.2+