Subject: Wiki editor request

From: X L <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 15:45:04 -0500

Hello,

I would like to request editor access to the PostgreSQL Wiki. My username
is xinyuliu and I would like to add to the page
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Performance_Optimization  a list of
potential optimization techniques.

In the past, we submitted this kind of issues as bug reports (e.g., BUG
#16625
<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAApHDvqKE2MLsQidBtY8AaM%2BJ9VWN5uct3dQ92HnfDKzc4f%3DcQ%40mail.gmail.com>)
describing how PostgreSQL may manifest suboptimal runtime performance for
certain query patterns, which suggests missing optimizations. However, the
developer who responded to our reports suggested reporting these issues as
missing optimisations on the Wiki page instead.

Furthermore, we also noticed that users could be unaware of these issues
and inquire about possible workarounds
<https://www.spinics.net/lists/pgsql-performance/msg42681.html>, which
would be a further reason to provide this information on the Wiki. The Wiki
would also provide a forum for developers and users to discuss
opportunities for improving the existing query optimizer.

I am looking forward to your response and would be happy to provide any
additional information that you may need.

Thank you,

Xinyu Liu