Subject: Sourceforge and torrenst updated

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:11:00 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

I've added new release to sf.net. Also updated the torrents.

Regards,

-- 
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
Co-Authors: plPHP, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:08:38 -0400 (AST)

And Neil has updated Freshmeat ...

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:22:16 -0500

> I've added new release to sf.net. Also updated the torrents.

Whats the deal with the windows binaries on sf? I couldn't find them... are 
you just waiting on the pginstaller folks?

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:11:53 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

> you just waiting on the pginstaller folks?

If we upload Windows binaries, then we need to upload RPMs to (and also 
other binaries). That would be a pain. So I've just uploaded source codes.

Regards,

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Jan 2006 14:05:16 -0500

> other binaries). That would be a pain. So I've just uploaded source codes.

Not if you approach it practically (verses politically) Source code
downloads basically exclude the entire windows user base, while
including the *nix user base. Adding win32 binaries balances this out.
Furthermore the majority of people who have trouble using our ftp mirror
system are windows users, so having another outlet to send them to is
really a bonus (and the pgfoundry website doesnt compete with
sourceforges distribution system)

Robert Treat

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:59:17 +0000

> sourceforges distribution system)

Is it worth the effort though? We have thousands of downloads a month, yet
we see maybe one or two 'I can't download' messages on webmaster@ in the
same period and many of those fall into the 'I tried one which timed out,
therefore none of them work' category.

Regards, Dave.