Subject: Account locked: OAuth login disabled & cannot set local password

From: Ewan Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2026 13:05:14 +0800

Hi PG WWW Infrastructure Team,

My account info:
Username: Ewan Young
Registered email: [email-masked]

Problems:
1. When trying GitHub/Google OAuth login on commitfest.postgresql.org,
error shows: "OAuth login not allowed to this account."
2. This account was created via third-party OAuth, so self-service
password reset page rejects password change, prompt: "This account
cannot change password as it's connected to a third party login site."
3. I can neither log in via OAuth nor create a native password to log
in with username/password.

Requests:
1. Detach all third-party OAuth bindings from my account;
2. Generate a temporary password for my native account, or enable me
to set a new password via reset link;
3. Restore normal username/password login access for CommitFest.

If needed, I can provide patch links I submitted before to verify
account ownership.
Thanks a lot!

-- 
Regards,
Ewan Young

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2026 12:18:21 +0200

Hi!

It looks like you had logged in using oauth and then explicitly forbidden
yourself from doing so in the future. That's clearly something we should
disallow since it creates a catch-22, but we don't now.

I've re-enable oauth for the account so you should now be able to log in
with that one. Please confirm that that is working. If you still want it
removed and converted to not use oauth later, we can do that as a separate
step.

//Magnus