Subject: Website "Up" link

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 18:58:58 -0500

I don't see an "Up" link when I am on the first level submenu, e.g.:

	https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/appendixes.html

If I am pressing "Up" from a sub-submenu, it would be good to have an
"Up" link here too.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +

---

From: "Jonathan S. Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 19:37:54 -0500

> If I am pressing "Up" from a sub-submenu, it would be good to have an

That section of the documentation is loaded in from the source SGML/XML
files - it would have to be added in there.

If I were to take a guess as to why it is that way, it is because that
"Up" from that section is in actuality the same thing as home "Home."
That said, perhaps the better UX is to keep it consistent, and have "Up"
available as long as you can navigate up the doc tree.

Thanks!

Jonathan

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 09:45:52 -0500

> available as long as you can navigate up the doc tree.

Yes, that was my conclusion as well.  We had this issue with the old
style sheets too, and I think it was fixed.

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 15:10:16 -0400

> style sheets too, and I think it was fixed.

FYI, Peter Eisentraut has fixed this.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        https://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             https://enterprisedb.com

  The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness, Bruce Lee

---

From: "Jonathan S. Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 15:34:57 -0400

> FYI, Peter Eisentraut has fixed this.

Excellent. So that will become available on the pgweb side for supported
releases the next time the docs are loaded, which will be at the next
scheduled update in November.

Thanks!

Jonathan

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 22:06:32 +0200

> scheduled update in November.

AFAICT it's only been fixed in the master branch, so unless you're looking
at the devel docs you'll be waiting a year longer. And if you're looking at
the devel docs, it should already be visible.

-- 
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/ <http://www.hagander.net/>
 Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/ <http://www.redpill-linpro.com/>

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 23:04:16 -0400

On Tue, Sep  8, 2020 at 10:06:32PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 9:35 PM Jonathan S. Katz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> AFAICT it's only been fixed in the master branch, so unless you're looking at
> the devel docs you'll be waiting a year longer. And if you're looking at the
> devel docs, it should already be visible. 

It was later backpatched to all supported releases.