Subject: Training of indefinite duration

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 16:25:21 -0700

Folks,

EDB has submitted several "self-paced courses" which are available
online.  Since they're on-demand, unattended, they have listed them as
lasting for one year.

How do we want to list courses like this?  Do we?

-- 
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

-- 
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 00:28:00 +0100

> How do we want to list courses like this?  Do we?

This has already been brought up on the list for the people who
moderatea these events. Thom was going to contact the right people
about it. Are you saying they were approved even though that
discussion happened?

And no, we do not want to list them that way. An on-demand course is
not an event. We might want a way to list them, but that way does not
currently exist on the site, and the right way to do it is to figure
out how to do that right, rather than shoehorning into the wrong
place.

-- 
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 16:41:31 -0700

Magnus,

> about it. 

Missed the discussion.  Not sure where it is, actually.  Subject line?

> Are you saying they were approved even though that
> discussion happened?

Nope.  I was just doing some moderation and ran across it.

> out how to do that right, rather than shoehorning into the wrong

Yeah, that's why I brought it up.

-- 
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 01:25:05 +0100

> Missed the discussion.  Not sure where it is, actually.  Subject line?

I think it was a response to an email from Thom asking someone to look
at moderating them, since he as an EDB employee can't approve things
posted by EDB. Can't reacall the subject.

> Nope.  I was just doing some moderation and ran across it.

Ok, good.