Subject: Removing deprecated HTML from the security page

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 15:48:34 +0200

I noticed that our security page use two deprecated constructs, the <nobr> tag
(which also isn't allowed in <td> context) and the name attribute on <a>.  The
attached replaces the former with CSS and the latter with the recommended ID
tag.

--
Daniel Gustafsson		https://vmware.com/

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 23:27:52 +0200

> attached replaces the former with CSS and the latter with the recommended

LGTM.

For 0001 I would consider maybe using a name for what it is ("cve-number")
rather than what it does ("nobr"), in case we want to add on more
formatting on it later. But it's such a trivial case that it probably
doesn't matter until we actually have some such special formatting to add.

-- 
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/ <http://www.hagander.net/>
 Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/ <http://www.redpill-linpro.com/>

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 09:46:20 +0200

> On 10 Oct 2021, at 23:27, Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]> wrote:

> For 0001 I would consider maybe using a name for what it is ("cve-number") rather than what it does ("nobr"), in case we want to add on more formatting on it later. But it's such a trivial case that it probably doesn't matter until we actually have some such special formatting to add.

I considered that too, but came to the same conclusion that it's such a small
and simple class that we can deal with that when the need arises.

Pushed and verified in Chrome and Firefox.