Subject: CF app: "target version" entered twice?

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 20:26:03 -0300

I just created a new patch in the commitfest app
(https://commitfest.postgresql.org/22/new/).  The app asked me on the
first page for the target version ... and then again on the second page.
And it didn't remember what I selected first.

I suppose the fix is just to remove the "target version" selectable on
the first page?

-- 
Álvaro Herrera                                http://www.twitter.com/alvherre
Al principio era UNIX, y UNIX habló y dijo: "Hello world\n".
No dijo "Hello New Jersey\n", ni "Hello USA\n".

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 18:45:01 -0500

> And it didn't remember what I selected first.

Yeah, I noticed the same a couple days ago.

> I suppose the fix is just to remove the "target version" selectable on

Seems like the path of least resistance.  I'm not sure this is so
important it has to be on the first page, anyway.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 12:24:45 +0100

> important it has to be on the first page, anyway.

That wasn't even intentional :) The form had a list of "include all fields
except x,y,z" so when the field was added it was automatically added there,
and I missed it. I've now switched it to instead list the *included* fields
so this won't happen again -- and it's easier to list 2 included fields
than 12 excluded ones.

-- 
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/ <http://www.hagander.net/>
 Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/ <http://www.redpill-linpro.com/>