Subject: pgweb : adding a "duplicate event" button ?

From: damien clochard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 15:46:01 +0100

Hi,

I'm currently uploading dalibo's training schedule for 2013 to the
pg.org website. This means I have to submit 35+ events, which have
almost the same description except for the begin/end dates of course.
However when I click on the "submit event" button, I get an empty form
and then I need copy/paste the content from a previous event.

This is quite a boring experience.

Am I the only one doing such thing ? Is anyone interested in a "clone"
button, so we could just start with a form loaded with data from a
previous event ?

I took a brief look at the pgweb source code but I'm not sure where to
start. I can't even find where the template for :
https://www.postgresql.org/account/events/new/

Any help is welcome...

-- 
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 16:16:29 +0100

> button, so we could just start with a form loaded with data from a

That might be useful. And since it's all moderated, i guess the risk
of abuse is not *all* that large :)

> https://www.postgresql.org/account/events/new/

All simple forms like this one are handled by simple_form() in
util/helpers.py. You'd either have to extend that one with the
duplicate functionality (which would be useful if we can assume there
will ever be another type of object that we'd want cloning ability
for), or have the events no longer use that one. (it's called from
events/views.py)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

---

From: damien clochard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 16:29:13 +0100

> for), or have the events no longer use that one. (it's called from

ok thanks :)