Subject: almost hidden placement of release support policy

From: Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 11:30:21 -0500

Web Team,

I just went looking for the release maintenance policy on the web site. 
I eventually found it by a very circuitous route, but really this needs 
to be much more prominent. I'd suggest it needs its own page rather than 
being on the end of the Versioning Policy page. At the very least the 
Page should be renamed to reflect that it also covers release 
maintenance, and the submenu on the support page needs to reflect that. 
Frankly, though, I think it should be its own page and probably have a 
front page shortcut as well.

cheers

andrew

-- 
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:12:09 +0100

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Web Team,
>
> I just went looking for the release maintenance policy on the web site. I
> eventually found it by a very circuitous route, but really this needs to be
> much more prominent. I'd suggest it needs its own page rather than being on
> the end of the Versioning Policy page. At the very least the Page should be
> renamed to reflect that it also covers release maintenance, and the submenu
> on the support page needs to reflect that. Frankly, though, I think it
> should be its own page and probably have a front page shortcut as well.

I agree it's pretty well hidden and could be done bette.r

I'm not sure "release maintenance policy" is all that much better a
name than "Versioning policy" :)

But, assuming we keep the current page as versioning policy, and add a
separate page that just has the EOL dates on it (I assume that's what
you're asking for, right?), what should we call that? I don't like
"release maintenance policy" since that part really isn't a policy,
but right now I'm drawing a blank for good names for such a page...

-- 
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/