Subject: Mailing list moderation change?

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:37:30 -0000

Did someone change the majordomo passwords or revoke 
my moderation access? If the former, can someone send 
me the new ones? If the latter, could someone tell 
me why? :) Thanks.

Lists: general, hackers, interfaces, bugs, announce

- -- 
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 201212291235
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8

-- 
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 18:45:02 +0100

> Lists: general, hackers, interfaces, bugs, announce

Alvaro changed the master password when he made the list server be
https only, since it had been used over unencrypted connections
before.

I don't *think* he changed any per-list passwords. And I'm pretty sure
he didn't revoke your moderation access - at least not intentionally
:)

But he will have to confirm the changing of per-list passwords
himself, I can't comment on that. Other than that those are the ones
that should be used, of course :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

---

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 04:01:44 -0000

> that should be used, of course :)

Thank you, I will contact him offlist.

- -- 
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 201212292301
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 09:05:42 -0300

> > me the new ones? If the latter, could someone tell

When was the last time it worked?

> https only, since it had been used over unencrypted connections

Sorry, I have *not* changed the master password yet.

> he didn't revoke your moderation access - at least not intentionally

I did *not* change any list password either, or any list of moderators.
However, I don't see Greg in the list of pgsql-general moderators.
In fact, of the lists mentioned above, only -announce has Greg has
moderator.

> that should be used, of course :)

Each list has a list password, of course, but there's also an option to
set specific passwords for specific tasks for specific lists, which can
be given to specific email addresses.  There are a bunch of obsolete
addresses having passwords set in some lists, but the only one that
lists Greg (as greg@turnstep) is pgsql-announce.

Maybe the problem is the change of http to https.  Note that there is a
redirect from http to https but it gets you to the main page of the
https site, not the specific URL.  For a couple of days I neglected to
update the URL that was sent out in moderation emails (so it was still
http and so of course it didn't work), but I updated that later when
Devrim complained.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services

---

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 02:11:06 -0000

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Maybe the problem is the change of http to https.  Note that 
> there is a redirect from http to https but it gets you to 
> the main page of the https site, not the specific URL.

Ah, that was it, thanks! Should have tried that right away when 
Magnus mentioned that. Sorry for the noise.

- -- 
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 201212312110
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8