Subject: Badges moderation

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2026 12:28:33 +0200

The upcoming contributor badges feature will include moderation of new
badges added. Moderation and notifications are global for all
subsystems of pgweb, I think.

Joe is already a moderator via being a sysadmin. Would it be possible
that I get added as moderator to handle the badges part?

Thanks,
Christoph

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2026 13:46:51 +0200

> that I get added as moderator to handle the badges part?

Hi!

Yeah, we can do that I think. But perhaps it's better to split it out so
there can be multiple moderation teams, so that we can more flexibly add
more people as needed?

And also just to be clear -- the last result of the discussion about this
was that there were plenty of concerns about the suggested way to do it,
wasn't it? Have I missed a discusison somewhere, or are those concerns
still open?

//Magnus

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2026 13:55:05 +0200

Re: Magnus Hagander
> there can be multiple moderation teams, so that we can more flexibly add

Well, I don't know how easy that would be. Perhaps we could merge it
and do the split as a next step?

> wasn't it? Have I missed a discusison somewhere, or are those concerns

The last result (from the lunch discussion in Brussels) was that we
need handling of retired people from "permanent" badges like "Sysadmin
Team". That's not included yet, but in the team, we concluded that
instead of some complicated date range handling (perhaps that's what
you remember as plenty?) we can just add a single boolean "retired"
flag. We don't have that yet, but that's not a big blocker.

Christoph