Subject: Beta downloads

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:00:01 +0100

Hey Josh, all

It's been pointed out to me that the 9.2 beta announcements point to
/download/ on the website to get the beta builds. At least for the
installers however, we don't link to the betas from the main download
pages (which is intentional), but from /download/snapshots/, which is
kinda hard to find. Any thoughts on how we can improve that? Should we
replace the text pointing to the snapshots page with something a
little more inclusive of beta/rc builds?

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:58:21 -0400

> little more inclusive of beta/rc builds?

Isn't that going to be wrong for all the other downloads as well, though?
Should we have a generic text on the download page saying "get beta stuff
over here", and then link to /developer/beta/, and then put the info there?

//Magnus

-- 
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:02:35 -0400

> over here", and then link to /developer/beta/, and then put the info there?

OK, following some further discussion with Magnus over coffee I've
pushed some changes to clarify these pages.