Subject: PgBouncer 1.5.1

From: Marko Kreen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 17:56:44 +0300

Fix various portability and correctness bugs:

  http://pgfoundry.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=1863

About
----

PgBouncer is lightweight connection pooler for PostgreSQL.

Download: http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgbouncer/
Homepage: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgBouncer

---

From: Marko Kreen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 18:00:59 +0300

[Re-send with correct url]

  http://pgfoundry.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=1936

About
----

---

From: Mark Felder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:42:38 -0500

I just realized that PgBouncer 1.5 and 1.5.1 have identical checksums,  
which I noticed after I already reported to the maintainer the issue with  
the extracted folder being named pgbouncer-1.5 instead of having the  
proper version.

I guess the real issue is that pgbouncer 1.5.1 is vaporware right now :-)

---

From: Marko Kreen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:07:34 +0300

[Re-reply to keep -announce in the loop..]

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Mark Felder <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I just realized that PgBouncer 1.5 and 1.5.1 have identical checksums, which
> I noticed after I already reported to the maintainer the issue with the
> extracted folder being named pgbouncer-1.5 instead of having the proper
> version.
>

The .tar.gz on pgfoundry.org looks OK, so this must be some local problem.

-- 
marko

---

From: Mark Felder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:36:39 -0500

> The .tar.gz on pgfoundry.org looks OK, so this must be some local  

It appears the URL lets you specify what you want the downloaded filename  
to be. During this process I didn't download it myself; I updated the  
FreeBSD port's Makefile so I could send a patch to the port maintainer. As  
part of that process you update the version number in the Makefile, and  
then run "make makesum" which downloads the version specified and  
automatically updates the checksum and name of the tarball in the  
"distinfo" file. That was done automatically without human intervention.  
It added pgbouncer-1.5.1.tar.gz and the same checksum as the previous  
release. I just tested this again:

[/usr/ports/databases/pgbouncer]# make makesum
===>  License BSD accepted by the user
=> pgbouncer-1.5.1.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch  
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/3197/pgbouncer-1.5.1.tar.gz
pgbouncer-1.5.1.tar.gz                        100% of  401 kB  500 kBps

distinfo:

SHA256 (pgbouncer-1.5.1.tar.gz) =  
408924d54794fcd63cd31284fa13a21266b2fc33c6b5e6be1eb1d91512261fee
SIZE (pgbouncer-1.5.1.tar.gz) = 411488

Now I will try with 1.5:

[/usr/ports/databases/pgbouncer]# make makesum
===>  License BSD accepted by the user
=> pgbouncer-1.5.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch  
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/3197/pgbouncer-1.5.tar.gz
pgbouncer-1.5.tar.gz                          100% of  401 kB  470 kBps

and the distinfo:

SHA256 (pgbouncer-1.5.tar.gz) =  
408924d54794fcd63cd31284fa13a21266b2fc33c6b5e6be1eb1d91512261fee
SIZE (pgbouncer-1.5.tar.gz) = 411488

See, it's the same checksum and size both times. The culprit appears to be  
that download.php/3197 isn't a project number or anything of the sort,  
it's the actual file. Confusing! I should have used  
download.php/3240/pgbouncer-1.5.1.tar.gz

This is clearly an issue with myself being unfamiliar with how pgfoundry's  
website works. I sincerely apologize for the noise, everyone!

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:44:20 -0700

Who approved this for announce?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PgBouncer 1.5.1
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:42:38 -0500
From: Mark Felder <[email-masked]>
To: Postgres Announce <[email-masked]>,    Marko Kreen 
<[email-masked]>

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
-To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to:

               [email-masked]

---

From: David Fetter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:11:10 -0700

Sorry about that, folks :/

Cheers,
David.
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 04:03:26PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> 
> Excerpts from Joshua D. Drake's message of mié abr 18 13:44:20 -0300 2012:
> > 
> Someone called Moderation Bot email address <[email-masked]>.
> 
> 
> Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
> The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc.
> PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support

-- 
David Fetter <[email-masked]> http://fetter.org/
Phone: +1 415 235 3778  AIM: dfetter666  Yahoo!: dfetter
Skype: davidfetter      XMPP: [email-masked]
iCal: webcal://www.tripit.com/feed/ical/people/david74/tripit.ics

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to Postgres: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate