Subject: Request to add "Deep Dive Into a SQL Query" to the PostgreSQL Books page

From: Jesús Espino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2026 14:31:39 +0200

Hi PostgreSQL Web Team,

My name is Jesús Espino, and I am the author of a recently completed book
titled *"Deep Dive Into a SQL Query: A Journey Through PostgreSQL's Query
Processing."*

I would like to request its inclusion in the official PostgreSQL books
section (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/). This book is a deep-dive
technical resource designed to help developers and DBAs understand the
internal pipeline of the database.

Here are the details for the entry:

   -

   *Title:* Deep Dive Into a SQL Query
   -

   *Subtitle:* A Journey Through PostgreSQL's Query Processing
   -

   *Author:* Jesús Espino
   -

   *Publisher:* Leanpub
   -

   *Publication Date:* 2026
   -

   *URL:* https://leanpub.com/deep-dive-into-a-sql-query
   -

   *Description:* An in-depth journey through PostgreSQL's query processing
   internals. It follows a SQL statement through every stage of the pipeline:
   lexical analysis, parsing, semantic validation, rule-based rewriting,
   cost-based optimization, and execution. The book is grounded in
   PostgreSQL's actual source code and explains how the engine manages memory,
   disk data, and concurrency.
   -

   *Version covered:* 18

I believe this resource will be highly beneficial to the community as it
bridges the gap between high-level SQL and database mechanics.

Thank you for your time and for all the work you do for the PostgreSQL
project.

Best regards,

Jesús Espino

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2026 14:38:43 +0200

> On 16 Apr 2026, at 14:31, Jesús Espino <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi PostgreSQL Web Team,
> My name is Jesús Espino, and I am the author of a recently completed book titled "Deep Dive Into a SQL Query: A Journey Through PostgreSQL's Query Processing."

Thanks for submitting your book!

Can you attach the cover artwork to use, and confirm that postgresql.org has
the right to use the cover artwork on the https://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/
page.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

---

From: Jesús Espino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2026 14:42:34 +0200

Sure. By the way, the book is in English, but my intention is to publish it
also in Spanish soon.

Yes, I don't know if I need to do something other than saying it here, but
I have the rights to the artwork, and I grant postgresql.org permission to
use it.

Thanks

On Thu, Apr 16, 2026 at 2:38 PM Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > My name is Jesús Espino, and I am the author of a recently completed
> book titled "Deep Dive Into a SQL Query: A Journey Through PostgreSQL's
> Query Processing."
>

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2026 15:08:28 +0200

> On 16 Apr 2026, at 14:42, Jesús Espino <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Sure. By the way, the book is in English, but my intention is to publish it also in Spanish soon.
> 
> Yes, I don't know if I need to do something other than saying it here, but I have the rights to the artwork, and I grant postgresql.org permission to use it.

That's all we need. The book is published on postgresql.org now.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

---

From: Jesús Espino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2026 15:09:57 +0200

Thank you!

El jue, 16 abr 2026, 3:08 p. m., Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
escribió:

> > Yes, I don't know if I need to do something other than saying it here,
> but I have the rights to the artwork, and I grant postgresql.org
> permission to use it.
>