Subject: Request to add a new item to the PostgreSQL Wiki Main Page

From: Cornelia Biacsics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2025 12:31:28 +0100

Dear Wiki Admin Team,
I would like to request the addition of a new item on the main page of the
PostgreSQL Wiki https://wiki.postgresql.org/. Under this item, I plan to
create several subpages that list all available social channels used by
members of the PostgreSQL community (e.g., Slack, Telegram, Discord, etc.).

This would help newcomers and community members discover where and how they
can connect with others across the PostgreSQL ecosystem.
Feel free to pick one of the following titles / headlines:

   - Engage with the Community
   - PostgreSQL Community Channels
   - Community Communication

- Please let me know if this would be possible or if you need any further
details from my side.
- I should have rights to edit subpages

my wiki user: Cyberteccob (with this email address)

Thank you very much for your time and support.

Best wishes, Cornelia
Cornelia Biacsics
Head of Marketing
CYBERTEC PostgreSQL GmbH
+43 2622 930220
[email-masked]
www.cybertec-postgresql.com
ISO-Certificate: ll-c.at/verification
<https://ssl.ll-c.cz/WWW/NET/certificate_check.asp> 27FC799F-7B0
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/cybertec-postgresql>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/cybertec-postgresql> [image:
Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/cybertec.postgresql/> 
<https://github.com/cybertec-postgresql> 
<https://www.youtube.com/user/cybertecpostgresql>

-- 

*E-Mail Disclaimer*
Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist ausschliesslich fuer den 
bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat 
dieser E-Mail oder dessen Vertreter sein sollten, so beachten Sie bitte, 
dass jede Form der Kenntnisnahme, Veroeffentlichung, Vervielfaeltigung oder 
Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser E-Mail unzulaessig ist. Wir bitten Sie, sich 
in diesem Fall mit dem Absender der E-Mail in Verbindung zu setzen.

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER
*This message and any attachment are 
confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure 
and solely for the use of the person(s) or entity to whom it is intended. 
If you have received this message in error and are not the intended 
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and 
any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, be 
advised that any use of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful, and 
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to 
any other person.

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2025 11:47:31 +0000

Hi

On Mon, 17 Nov 2025 at 11:31, Cornelia Biacsics <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> This would help newcomers and community members discover where and how
> they can connect with others across the PostgreSQL ecosystem.
>    - Please let me know if this would be possible or if you need any
>    further details from my side.
We currently only list such channels on the main website, because otherwise
they can be seen as being "official" channels, in which case we need to be
very careful to ensure the code of conduct applies (for example).

I don't necessarily object to having a wiki page like this, but it would
need to be *extremely* clear that these are NOT official PostgreSQL
channels, and that they may have their own participation rules, outside of
the standard community ones. We definitely need more opinions on this
though - others on the core team or the CoC committee (as well as others)
should give their thoughts as well.

-- 
Dave Page
pgAdmin: https://www.pgadmin.org
PostgreSQL: https://www.postgresql.org
pgEdge: https://www.pgedge.com

---

From: Cornelia Biacsics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2025 15:15:21 +0100

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this matter and for
pointing out that other groups might need to be involved. I’ve added the
CoC email group and the Diversity Task Force email group in CC to get more
opinions involved.

I completely understand the concern about these channels being perceived as
“official,” and I’m more than happy to make it explicitly clear on the page
that they are not official PostgreSQL channels.

If it helps, I can include a prominent disclaimer at the top of the page,
such as:

*“Note: The following channels are not official PostgreSQL community
channels. They are independently operated and may follow their own
participation rules or guidelines.”*

I’m happy to adjust the wording based on feedback from the core team, the
CoC Committee, or the Diversity Task Force. Please let me know how you
would like to proceed.

My goal in making this information available is to help newcomers and
community members find the various places where PostgreSQL users gather and
communicate, while ensuring that everyone who wants to get involved has the
opportunity to do so. Many of these channels are currently more like
insider information, and I’d like to make it easier for people to discover
them, connect online, and participate—ensuring that no one is left behind
in our open and welcoming community.

If this decision involves additional concerns—such as spam, moderation, or
similar issues—I’m more than happy to think about possible solutions,
including options like a membership gate. Please keep me honest with any
concerns you might have, and I’m confident that we can work together to
find a good way forward.

Please let me know how I can be of any help in that matter.

Thanks & Best wishes, Cornelia

On Mon, Nov 17, 2025 at 12:47 PM Dave Page <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I would like to request the addition of a new item on the main page of
>> the PostgreSQL Wiki https://wiki.postgresql.org/. Under this item, I
>> plan to create several subpages that list all available social channels
>> used by members of the PostgreSQL community (e.g., Slack, Telegram,
>> Discord, etc.).
>>
> We currently only list such channels on the main website, because
> otherwise they can be seen as being "official" channels, in which case we
> need to be very careful to ensure the code of conduct applies (for
> example).
>

-- 

*E-Mail Disclaimer*

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2025 10:25:53 -0500

> should give their thoughts as well.

FWIW, I think it's a fine idea as long as we make it sufficiently
clear that these aren't community-run spaces and don't necessarily
follow the community CoC.

That being the case, I'm not sure I like any of the three proposed
page titles, as they all include "Community" somewhere.  Maybe
something like "PostgreSQL-Related Communication Channels"?
But I'm just bikeshedding.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2025 09:08:34 -0800

> follow the community CoC.

Not sure how that applies, per:

https://www.postgresql.org/community/

to

https://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/

to

https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/user-groups/

"To become recognised as PostgreSQL User Group, the user group must 
self-certify that they meet the criteria below, aimed at ensuring they 
meet the standards of openness expected in the PostgreSQL Community. "

[...]

"The PostgreSQL User Group MUST adopt and follow an appropriate Code of 
Conduct to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for anyone who wishes 
to participate.

     The PostgreSQL User Group SHOULD adopt the PostgreSQL Code of Conduct.
"

So you can be a 'community' recognized group without holding to the Core 
CoC.

> But I'm just bikeshedding.

There needs to a be set definition of what 'community' refers to, as of 
now I can see no reason they can't be titled 'Community'.

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]