Subject: listing Steampipe on https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers

From: Jon Udell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 12:12:19 -0800

Hi there,

We'd like to list our tool, https://steampipe.io, on that page. We imagine
it could appear under Generic SQL Database Wrappers like so:

Data source: APIs (https://hub.steampipe.io/plugins)

Type: Native

License: Tool and FDW engine: AGPL, Plugins: Apache 2.0

Code: https://github.com/turbot/steampipe,
https://github.com/turbot/steampipe-postgres-fdw,
https://github.com/turbot/steampipe-plugin-*

Install: https://steampipe.io/downloads

Doc: https://steampipe.io/docs

Notes: Steampipe bundles Postgres with an FDW engine,
https://github.com/turbot/steampipe-postgres-fdw, that supports a growing
ecosystem of plugins (https://hub.steampipe.io/plugins) that consume APIs,
map them to tables, and enable queries within and across APIs.

We'll defer to your judgement as to where and how to place it, but we hope
you'll agree that Steampipe belongs on the page.

Thanks,

Jon Udell
Steampipe community lead

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 21:56:36 -0300

Hi Jon,

> it could appear under Generic SQL Database Wrappers like so:

Well, it's a wiki. Anybody with editor privileges can edit it.  If you
want edit privs, just ask -- we need your community username for that.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera