Subject: Majordomo: Mailing list categories

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:26:56 -0300

Please have a look at our Majordomo complete list of lists:
http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org?func=lists-long

Notice it has headings for "categories".  Can we fix things so that the
categories correspond to how we classify lists on
archives.postgresql.org?

I think this means for categories:
- Regional lists
- User group lists
- Developer lists
- "Active lists"

(The latter category should probably be "User lists").  I changed it for
the lists I moderate -- this is done via www by checking "lists" on the
config page, then entering the category name on the "Category" setting.

Also, there's a misconfigured bit in the server: The first line on the
above-mentioned page says:

"The following mailing lists are available at ."

Note the missing server name.  I think this should be "postgresql.org".
My guess is that this is the server description, which is currently
blank.

If you need help with administering our Majordomo installation, let me
know -- currently I only have access to fixing things for the lists I
moderate.

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:30:44 -0400

'k, updated all the various categories ... look through the list and let me 
know if any needs to be moved around ... I put 'pgsql-jobs' under 
'Announcements', with pgsql-announce ...

Searching for where that 'server name' value goes in ... if I set DEFAULT 
description, I suspect that will do exactly that, all the lists will dfeault to 
that unless otherwise set ...

Am looking ...

- --On Monday, March 03, 2008 11:26:56 -0300 Alvaro Herrera 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
> To make changes to your Subscription:
> http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr?domain=postgresql.org&extra=pgsql-www

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:36:47 -0400

- --On Thursday, March 06, 2008 20:30:44 -0400 "Marc G. Fournier" 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> description, I suspect that will do exactly that, all the lists will dfeault
> to  that unless otherwise set ...

Got it ...

- ----