Subject: postgresql case studies.

From: Theo Schlossnagle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:21:04 -0400

Hi all,

I was wondering if you'd entertain a link to our PostgreSQL case  
study.  It speaks very highly of PostgreSQL and has excellent hard  
numbers in cost savings moving from Oracle to PostgreSQL.  It seems  
like a perfect fit for link from your case studies page:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/casestudies/

Our Oracle to PostgreSQL migration case study is here:

http://omniti.com/helps/plasmanet

Best regards,

Theo

--
Theo Schlossnagle
http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle
p: +1.443.325.1357 x201   f: +1.410.872.4911

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 10:31:50 -0700

On 4/30/09 11:21 AM, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if you'd entertain a link to our PostgreSQL case study.
> It speaks very highly of PostgreSQL and has excellent hard numbers in
> cost savings moving from Oracle to PostgreSQL. It seems like a perfect
> fit for link from your case studies page:

Sounds great.  I've got another one to add, too.

-- 
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
www.pgexperts.com

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:45:46 -0400 (EDT)

> http://omniti.com/helps/plasmanet

I have talk to Magnus about adding this to our web site, and he is ready
to do it, but Magnus mentioned we would be _linking_ to omniti.com
rather than hosting a PDF on our own site.  I assume that is OK with the
web team.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

  + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 18:59:39 +0100

> rather than hosting a PDF on our own site.  I assume that is OK with the

I think it's good to link to useful documents like this on our
contributing companies websites - it helps show the users the breadth
of our community.

I would ask that Theo ensure that if there are any site re-shuffles in
the future, a redirect from the old URL is maintained or that he task
Rob with making the appropriate changes on www.postgresql.org.

-- 
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

---

From: Theo Schlossnagle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:04:12 -0400

> Rob with making the appropriate changes on www.postgresql.org.

I can ensure that.