Subject: suggestions for "whatsnew" page

From: Jeff MacDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:08:25 -0500

greetings,

I'm new to the list :)

I had a look at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/whatsnew  and I have some
suggestions for making that particular page better.

- I'd like to know more specific information about the "administration
functions" and how they have improved over previous versions of pg. this
might be as simple as a link into the documentation, or as involved as
making a "detailedlistingofwhatisnew" page.

- it would be cool if references to pgsql functions (min(), max(),
lastval(), etc) were hyperlinked into the documentation.

- more hyperlinks! it's great that there are "more than 120 new
features", but I have no idea where to start reading in the docs so I
can make use of them :)

- a link to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/release-8-1.html from the
"whatsnew" page seems appropriate.

I realize these suggestions, if implemented, will require a "plain text"
and "website" version which may be more work but if we get more users as
a result I feel it will be worth it.

regards,
J
-- 
Jeff MacDonald
Zoid Technologies, http://zoidtechnologies.com/

---

From: Jim Nasby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:13:21 -0400

Is the website available in CVS so Jeff can submit a patch?

On Mar 28, 2006, at 10:08 PM, Jeff MacDonald wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of  
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
>

--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      [email-masked]
Pervasive Software      http://pervasive.com    work: 512-231-6117
vcard: http://jim.nasby.net/pervasive.vcf       cell: 512-569-9461