Subject: developer.pgadmin.org/nagios.pgadmin.org server - update

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:22:53 +0100

Just a quick update on the server problem I was experiencing...

Swapped out the memory on Monday, and put the old sticks into a
different box for testing. The memory appears fault free after 24 hours
of memtest86, however the server, whilst appearing fine, threw another
error during last night's tape backup.

I've swapped out the mobo & CPU this morning (which coupled with an ARP
cache on a router was the cause of this mornings noise from Nagios on
the -slaves list) so we'll see how that goes. 

I'm currently working on the system again but being careful to keep an
eye on the logs and keep additional backups of my work around just in
case. I'd advise anyone working on the PostgreSQL website, pgAdmin or
the Nagios install to do the same. Once I have the last cable for the
new server I'll move it all across once and for all.

Cheers, Dave.

PS. For those that are wondering what this has to do with the pgsql-www
list, nagios.pgadmin.org monitors all the postgresql.org servers, and a
number of the webteam use developer.pgadmin.org as a dev machine for the
main PostgreSQL website.