Subject: New website mirroring

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:45:10 -0000

Hi all.

The new website is now setup on wwwmaster.postgresql.org, which is
generating static html hourly. To test mirroring it is now rsynced from
there to wwwdevel.postgresql.org where it is served as static HTML.

The first problem I've noticed is files such as news.204.html, the links
for which are failing because they point to news.204. Any thoughts on
the best fix for that Alexey?

Regards, Dave.

---

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 01:49:09 +0300

Hi,

> the best fix for that Alexey?

You should use Apache directive
Options MultiViews
for the static mirror. We should prepare a .htaccess file with that and copy it 
to static mirror, probably.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 22:16:48 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> for the static mirror. We should prepare a .htaccess file with that and copy 
> it to static mirror, probably.

Doesn't that assume that the mirrors allow .htaccess files?

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:55:17 +0300

Hi,

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> for the static mirror. We should prepare a .htaccess file with that 
>> and copy it to static mirror, probably.
> 

Either that or the mirrors should be told to setup their virtual hosts with this 
directive on. That's needed for our l10n stuff to work.