Subject: Re: New site - minor problem

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:19:08 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gavin M. Roy
> Sent: 06 December 2004 22:15
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] New site - minor problem
> 
> As I understand it, the new site will examine the person's ip 
> address and redirect them to the proper mirror for their 
> country, if available.

No, it doesn't. All it does is reorganise the page of flags so those in
the user's country are shown at the top.

Automatic selection of mirrors has caused big problems in the (distant)
past for the project, and only about a week ago for me on php.net :-(
Whatever we do, the user must have some control so they can easily
select a different mirror in the case of a problem with any site, even
the primary.

Regards, Dave.

---

From: John Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:26:48 +1100

> past for the project, and only about a week ago for me on php.net :-(

hehe, I always use www.dk.php.net, since the search function on
www.au.php.net is so sluggish it's unusable....

> select a different mirror in the case of a problem with any site, even

agreed...

... John