Subject: Typo in README.dist-split

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:41:06 -0400

Not sure what mailing list should I be sending this report to.  Anyway,
the problem is in the README.dist-split file to be found in some
version's directories -- I'm looking at 

ftp://ftp.cl.postgresql.org/ftp/pub/postgresql/source/v8.1beta/README.dist-split

The last paragraph states

"Previous versions used a different, incompatible split where all
subpackages where required"

Instead it should read

"Previous versions used a different, incompatible split where all
subpackages were required"

Note the where vs. were.  Thanks.

-- 
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre[]alvh.no-ip.org>      Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"God is real, unless declared as int"

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:02:47 -0400 (EDT)

This needs to be fixed.  I still see the incorrect file contents
outlined below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>        subscribe-nomail command to [email-masked] so that your
>        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly
> 

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:33:53 -0400

> This needs to be fixed.  I still see the incorrect file contents

In fact, I see the _wrong_ "where" was fixed!  So they now are both
wrong :-)

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                         Architect, http://www.EnterpriseDB.com
"Escucha y olvidarás; ve y recordarás; haz y entenderás" (Confucio)

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:05:30 -0400 (EDT)

This is still not fixed!

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> "Escucha y olvidar?s; ve y recordar?s; haz y entender?s" (Confucio)
> 
> TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
>

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:08:04 -0400 (EDT)

For clarity, the last line should be:

	different, incompatible split where all subpackages were required.)