Subject: Re: Postgresql.org search engine.

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:07:17 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Marc G. Fournier [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 02 February 2004 14:11
> To: Dave Page
> Cc: Marc G. Fournier; Oleg Bartunov; Josh Berkus; 
> [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [pgsql-www] Postgresql.org search engine.
> 
> > How about something more simple:
> 
> if you can figure out how to do it in the .resource file, 
> please let me know ... I've strip'd out everything that I 
> believe can be done without making the .resource file itself 
> majorly confusing ...

OK, well frankly mhonarc looks like a nightmare to setup. I've had a
play with hypermail instead. I realise that I've yet to drop in your
search engine detection code and there is still work to be done, but how
does this look:

http://archives.postgresql.org/dave/pgsql-advocacy/

It's all pretty self contained at the moment - feel free to have a play
with it.

(mk-hypermail to rebuild, you may need to clear old files first if you
make drastic changes).

Regards, Dave

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:11:54 -0400 (AST)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> OK, well frankly mhonarc looks like a nightmare to setup.

Actually, its quite easy one you read through the docs ... there are
formats in the .resource file for the Date Index, Thread Index and Message
Page ... and each of those is broken down into sub-sections ... best place
to start is:

http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/layout.html

and then look at each subsection as you need to modify it ...

> I've had a

k, first thing that is missing is the last-modified date isn't set right,
which makes it a no go option ... looking at the hypermail.conf file, it
more reminds me of setting up a web stats program then a list archiver ...
options are either ... you can add footers and headers, but scanning
through the docs that it points to, there doesn't seem to be any way of
adding a Last-Modified header, since they don't even seem to define
VARIABLES (ie. $DATE$ for date of posting) that you can use when
generating the archives ...

let me know if I've missed something .. ?

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664