Subject: www side projects

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 01:00:35 -0500

Can we get a list of all the www side projects that people are working on and 
a status update? So far I've got 2, but thinking I'm forgetting something:

1)gborg -> foundry migration
2)techdocs plone/wiki repair

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Gavin Sherry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:25:39 +1100 (EST)

Hi Robert,

> 2)techdocs plone/wiki repair

This is from a todo list I was putting together:

Urgent
======

* Scripts to monitor availability of Web sites, lists, cvs(up),
mail<->news gateway, etc
* Redundancy
 o Contingency plan if main site goes down under heavy load at time of 8.0
   release
 o Figure out load balancing: round robin DNS? auto selection of a mirror
   by IP (works for other major projects)?
 o Contact mirror sites to get them to support virtual host configuration
   we need to do round robin DNS and other related stuff

Project Management
==================

* Create Web site development page with: link to cvs for web module; FAQ;
link to TODO list

General
=======

* Performance of CVS web interface for main project is very poor. fix.

Content
=======

* Solid push to get 20 case studies online, including migration case
studies (Gavin, Robert Bernier, Josh Berkus)
* List of testimonials/reference sites (Gavin, ...?)
* Provide page of official logos with material specifications
(important for print journos) (Gavin, ...?)

Dancing Bears
=============

* Find a dancing bear for Bruce
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2004-09/msg00167.php)

---

Now, unfortunately I am out of action until the 15th as I'll be in Japan
with limited Internet access.

Thanks,

Gavin

---

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:01:51 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

> Dancing Bears

Here it is:
http://www.jensummerfield.supanet.com/bearaniy.gif

:)

- --
Devrim GUNDUZ 
devrim~gunduz.org				devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
 			http://www.tdmsoft.com
 			http://www.gunduz.org

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 01:22:21 +1100

> 2)techdocs plone/wiki repair

Technically, I'm now on holiday until the 13th, and will be reviewing 
all outstanding projects (including everything Pablo is working on) when 
I get back.

There won't be any progress on the Techdocs/Plone wiki repair at least 
until then.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:15:19 -0400 (AST)

> * Performance of CVS web interface for main project is very poor. fix.

Would ppl care if cvsweb was off by an hour?  ie. if I put it on the same 
server as anoncvs, which is updated once an hour?  I could even increase 
it to once every 30 minutes ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:20:11 -0500

> it to once every 30 minutes ...

I'd prefer it to track the master server myself ... but if it's a choice
between that and having reasonable response speed, I'll take response
speed ...

			regards, tom lane