Subject: fixes for "about"

From: Neil Conway <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 06:15:40 -0500

>From http://www.postgresql.org/about/, first paragraph:

        It runs on all major operating systems, including Linux, UNIX
        (AIX, BSD, HP-UX, SGI IRIX, Mac OS X, Solaris, SunOS, Tru64),
        BeOS, and Windows.

BeOS is unsupported by recent releases, as is SunOS.

Second paragraph from the top:

        An enterprise class database, PostgreSQL boasts sophisticated
        features such as the Multi-Version Concurrency Control (MVCC),

"such as Multi-Version Concurrency Control" is better, I think.

        point in time recovery, tablespaces, asynchronous replication,
        nested transactions (savepoints), online/hot backups, a
        sophisticated query planner/optimizer, and write ahead log for
        fault tolerance.

Should be "write ahead logging", or "a write ahead log", etc.

        It supports international character sets, multibyte character
        encodings, Unicode, and in is locale-aware for sorting,
        case-sensitivity, and formatting.

"... and it is locale-aware", I believe.

        It is highly scalable both in sheer quantity of data it can
        manage and and in the number of concurrent users it can
        accommodate.

Should be "highly scalable both in the sheer ..."

The second paragraph of the section "Featureful and Standards
Compliant":

        Data integrity features include (compound) primary keys, foreign
        keys with restricting and cascading updates/deletes, check
        constraints, unique constraints, and not null constraints, all
        of which are deferrable.

Primary keys, check constraints, unique constraints, and not null
constraints are not in fact deferrable.

Would someone be kind enough to make these fixes for me?

-Neil

---

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:15:50 +0200 (EET)

Hi Neil,

> BeOS is unsupported by recent releases, as is SunOS.

Done.

> "such as Multi-Version Concurrency Control" is better, I think.

Done.

> Should be "write ahead logging", or "a write ahead log", etc.

Done.

> "... and it is locale-aware", I believe.

Done.

> Should be "highly scalable both in the sheer ..."

Done.

> constraints are not in fact deferrable.

Done.

> Would someone be kind enough to make these fixes for me?

The changes will appear in next site build.

Cheers,
- --
Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri         -          http://www.kivi.com.tr
devrim~gunduz.org, devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
                       http://www.gunduz.org
>From [email-masked]  Fri Dec  2 11:36:35 2005
Subject: problem with david wheelers feed on planetpostgresql
From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
To: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: 02 Dec 2005 10:36:15 -0500

I've noticed that David Wheeler's blog postings are continuously
incrementing in their posting date on planetpostgresql. This is keeping
his blog post at the top of the page and bumping others below the fold.
For example, I completely missed Chris's blog post on my$ql compat beta
release. I've sent David an IM about this, but until it's fixed perhaps
we should remove his feed from the page?

Robert Treat
-- 
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL