Subject: Thread: right-justified

From: jian he <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2026 11:16:51 +0800

HI.

The attached image shows that the ``Thread: `` line is right-justified.
Is this the expected behavior?

I only just realized that the ``Thread:`` line is clickable. I wasn't
aware of that before.

---

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2026 13:33:10 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

At Thu, 9 Jul 2026 11:16:51 +0800, jian he <[email-masked]> wrote in

---

From: "Jonathan S. Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2026 09:24:49 -0400

On 7/9/26 12:33 AM, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
>  From what I can see, it doesn't appear to be right-justified. Rather,
> it's left-aligned with indentation. I suspect that message is simply
> quite deep in the thread.
> 
> On my system, clicking that list expands it to show the parent/child
> relationships between the messages, including the parts that are
> initially hidden beyond the right edge of the box. Given that, I think
> omitting the indentation only when the thread is collapsed would
> probably require a bit of extra work.
^ this is the intended behavior to show both the parent/child 
relationship, and how deep the messages are within the thread.

Maybe we can throw some icons into it now (e.g. &rdsh;) to make the 
lineage clearer, but we'd likely have to still use the indentation scheme.

Thanks,

Jonathan